Saturday, June 14, 2008

Rachel Weisz dropped The Mummy 3:

Leaves me a few reasons to watch it...

Last week when I was watching a movie I saw the trailer of The Mummy 3, and to my surprise I didn't see Rachel Weisz's face anywhere. Instead there was this new girl on set which I thought was a new girlfriend of Rick O'Connell (Brendan Fraser) for this installment. Since the girl's character's name was not mentioned in the trailer (if I can remember it correctly) so did my speculations that she was a new girlfriend.

A week has past and I decided to watch the first two installments of The Mummy from my collection and all of a sudden I remembered that I didn't see Evie (Rachel Weisz) on the new trailer. Intrigued as I was, I researched the reason why she was not in the installment. From what I read she said that she will be taking care of her 9 month old baby so she can't make the film. So I got that part, but I then remembered the new girl. So I again searched for the information regarding The Mummy 3. And to my surprise, I found out that the girl I saw was the new Evie...

Her name is Maria Bello who was a star from the film "Cayote Ugly" and she will be Evie from now on. This got me upset to tell you the truth; because the one of the bigger reasons why I watch The Mummy is because of Rachel Weisz. It's because she's funny and she brings the character into life. It's as if she was born Evie.

Now that Rachel Weisz is no longer the lead actress, I have fewer reasons to watch the next installment. At first I was excited because the new installment is coming out but the excitement was washed out when I learned this about this info... haaay (sigh)...

I just hope Ms. Maria Bello plays Evie the same way Rachel Weisz did or better. Eventhough I'm dismayed, I'm still going to watch the next installment with less excitement - since I'm a fan of these kinds of movie genre.

Man, so disappointing... tsk tsk...

What do you think???

No comments: